Saturday, October 19, 2013

Coming soon: Guest post by Jamie Gaddy

One of my favorite bloggers has agreed to write a guest post for us.  Jamie is a veteran homeschooler who has many gems to share with her readers.  I'll be adding her post in the next few days, so stay tuned!
In the meantime, please allow me to introduce Jamie Gaddy:

My high school sweetheart/husband of twenty years and I have six children. We started homeschooling in 2004, and just recently graduated our oldest daughter, who is now enrolled at Mercer University. Homeschooling is probably the most rewarding task I have taken on… but it is also the most challenging! I am a veteran school teacher of 14 years, I also have 3 college degrees… all that to say that homeschooling is still challenging even for the educated parent. Yet, every day holds its joys!

We have six children ages 17, 15, 12, 12, 8, and 6. Needless to say our house is always busy, always crazy, and we are always headed to the grocery store! I retired from teaching when we made the decision to homeschool all of our children. It was a good decision, and though I still tutor and teach college courses… we never looked back! I also enjoy freelance writing for Let's Homeschool High School, Time4Learning, Online Education for Kids, and MomSCHOOL. My husband works for a local charter school and is a Pastor at our church. He is a great supporter and encourager of our homeschool endeavors! We couldn't make it without him!

No comments: